Bio&SELL SCRIPTUM enzyme mixes for the synthesis of cDNA
The Bio&SELL Scriptum reverse transcriptase-sets at a glance:
The Bio&SELL Scriptum reverse transcriptases are recombinantly produced versions of the M-MLV reverse transcriptase, in which the RNase H activity is eliminated and the "thermal stability" has been improved.
These modifications result in:
- increased specificity
- higher cDNA yields and
- an improved effectiveness in the synthesis of full-length cDNA synthesis up to 14 kb.
The simple handling of the kits, their high reproducibility and the fast protocols ultimately lead to a high quality cDNA perfectly fitted for further applications (such as a QPCR).
Choose between 2 different reverse transcriptases:
Scriptum-37 reverse transcriptase:
- For the synthesis of cDNA molecules from 100 bp to 7 kb in length
- Easy to fit protocol: Supplied along with the enzyme Scriptum-37 reverse transcriptase, 2 buffer solutions, a MgCl2 solution and a DTT stock solution are included.
- Particularly suitable for routine applications with simple templates
- Temperature optimum of this reverse transcriptase is 37 °C
Scriptum-55 reverse transcriptase:
- for the synthesis of cDNA molecules from 100 bp to 10 kb in length
- easy to fit protocol: Supplied along with the enzyme Scriptum-55 reverse transcriptase, 2 buffer solutions, MgCl2 solution and a DTT stock solution are included
- for simple and difficult templates
- optimum temperature for the synthesis of longer cDNA fragments (> 7kb) is 50 °C
- possible synthesis temperature up to 55 °C
Image: © Gernot Krautberger - Fotolia.com